How To Deal With Returns/Refunds?
Should there be a refund. Here are the steps that you'll need to take when a customer ask for a refund. There are two types of refunds that you might encounter: Damaged Product or Dislike In General
For Dislike In General:
- The customer will need to ship the product back to you before a refund can be processed back to them.
- Once you received the product, you will need to contact the vendor from whom you ordered from and request for a refund
For Damaged Products:
- Once the customer contacted you in regards to a broken product, ask them to take a picture as proof and send back to you.
- Contact the vendor and let them know that the product has been damaged when it was received and send them the picture of the damaged product
- Depending on the vendor, they might or might not request to have the product shipped back to them. If they request for the product to be shipped back to them, you will need to ask the customer to ship the product back to you before a refund can be processed back to them.
- Once you received the product, you will then need to send it back to the vendor from whom you ordered from.
This might sound like a lot of work, especially for the damaged product. However, it's the most secure way to ensure that the product has been shipped back to the vendor. If the product is damaged and you have a picture of it as proof, they will usually honor the refund, however, ultimately this decision is theirs if they want you to send the product back to them or not.
For information on how to process a refund on Shopify, please refer to this article from Shopify.